FiiO announced the start of sales on the Russian market of its new flagship Hi-Fi player – FiiO X7, running an operating system Android with a deeply redesigned user interface. The retail price of the player today is 58 390 rubles.
The presented novelty is distinguished by the presence of a laconic design of a thin metal case and the presence of a replaceable headphone amplifier module. Such a system, according to the manufacturer, allows you to select a specialized module and get the desired sound (warm, neutral, etc.), high output power (for example, for full-size headphones) or use the desired port (balanced, etc.).
In addition, FiiO X7 has 6 mechanical buttons, 3 buttons each on two side faces of the case, arranged symmetrically: volume (+/-), next / previous track, power, play / pause. The functions assigned to specific buttons can be reassigned in accordance with how the user is more convenient to control the player.
The company especially emphasizes the use of the ESS ES9018S ADC in its new product, where its eight output channels can be connected by four to obtain a signal-to-noise ratio and a dynamic range of 135 dB, while the distortion factor is only 120 dB.
X7 supports not only loseless / lossy formats such as WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, OGG, etc., but also studio formats DXD, DSD64 / 128 and PCM up to 384 kHz / 64 bit encoding as well as 5.6 MHz for DSD.
FiiO X7 main technical characteristics:
- Dimensions: 130x64x16.6 mm
- Weight: 220g
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad Core Rockchip RK3188
- Platform: Android 4.4.4; FiiO Music
- Display: 3.97-inch, IPS TFT, resolution 480×800 pixels
- DAC ESS ES9018S, USB DAC (up to 384 kHz / 32 bit, DSD support), plug-in amplifier
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM, 32 GB of built-in, slot for microSD memory cards (up to 128 GB)
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n, Bluetooth v4.0 + EDR, USB 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack (for headphones), 3.5 mm coaxial (TRRS) composite output
- Battery: 3500 mAh, Li-Ion
- Others: Accelerometer, Light sensor
- Headphone impedance range: 16 – 300 Ohm (depends on amplifier module)
- Equalizer: 10-band, 9 presets + user
- Balance control: 10dB (maximum)
- Supported loseless formats: DSD, DXD, APE, Apple Loseless, AIFF, FLAC, WAV, WMA Loseless
- Supported lossy formats: MP2, MP3, AAC, ALAC, WMA, OGG