Google today officially unveiled two new smartphone models under the new Google Pixel brand: the 5-inch Google Pixel and the 5.5-inch Google Pixel XL, featuring an all-metal body, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 screen protector with 2.5D rounded edges, latest quad-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, 4GB RAM (LPDDR4), high-sensitivity 12.3MP camera, fingerprint reader and fast charging system.
The main differences between the models are only in the diagonal and display resolution (in the usual Google Plixel it is 5-inch and resolution Full HD, and in the Google Pixel XL version, the display is already 5.5-inches and Quad HD resolution) as well as battery capacity.
In addition, the presented novelties are running a new version of the operating system Android 7.1 Nougat with a new approach to receiving and installing OS updates in the background, they have Google Duo and Allo pre-installed applications. In addition, these devices will be the first devices to come with an intelligent assistant Google Assistant with which the user can, as the search giant assures us, to have natural conversation, asking questions and control the smartphone.
In addition to a 12.3MP camera capable of capturing high-quality photos even in the dark and recording 4K UHD video, Google is giving users of the new Pixel line of smartphones unlimited space to upload and store full-resolution photos.
The cost of the devices starts at $ 649.
For it, users are offered devices with the following technical characteristics:
- Support for communication standards: 4G / LTE; 3G WCDMA; CDMA; GSM GPRS / EDGE
- Dimensions: 143.84×69.54×7.31-8.58 mm / 154.72×75.74×7.31-8.58 mm
- Weight: 143g / 168g
- Processor: 2.15 GHz, Quad Core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- Platform: Android 7.1 Nougat, OS Updates over 2 years, Security Updates over 3 years
- Display: 5-inch, AMOLED, 1920 × 1080 pixels / 5.5-inch, AMOLED, 2560 × 1440 pixels; protective glass Corning Gorilla Glass 4, oleophobic coating
- Main camera: 12.3 MP with laser phase detection autofocus, aperture f / 2, Dual LED flash CRI-90, support for 4K video
- Front camera: 8 MP, support Full HD video shooting
- Audio: Downward Firing Speaker; Three microphones (two in front, one in the back) with noise canceling; Adaptive audio amplifier
- Memory: 4 GB RAM, 32/128 GB built-in
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac 2 × 2 MIMO (2.4 and 5.0 GHz), Bluetooth v4.2, NFC, USB-C 3.0, GPS / GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Battery: 2770 mAh; 3450 mAh
- Other: Pixel Imprint Fingerprint Reader, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Barometer, Electronic Compass, Proximity and Light Sensors,