South Korean company LG Electronics announced the replenishment of its premium line of smartphones LG V with a new model – V20, featuring Steady Record 2.0 for high-quality photo and video recording, quad Fi-Fi DAC, built-in support HD audio recording, as well as a second information display, wide-angle front and dual main cameras.
It should be noted that this model will be the first on the market to go on sale with the latest version of the operating system Android 7.0 Nougat preinstalled.
As noted in the company, LG V20 is a direct descendant of V10 and has absorbed all its best features, as well as all those wishes and reviews left by users of the previous generation of the V-series, where its owners can take advantage of the best audio and video experiences.
LG The V20 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with an X12 LTE modem and Steady Record 2.0 technology for high quality stills and video, utilizing a combination of electronic image stabilization with gyroscope and digital image stabilization Images.
For Hi-Fi video recording LG V20 uses high-pass filters to remove extraneous noise, and a Limiter (LMT) with which you can set which voices can be left on the recording. In addition, the presented novelty allows you to record audio using 24-bit / 48 kHz pulse-code modulation (LPCM), used in professional video equipment.
Earlier it was noted that the LG V20 is the first smartphone in the world to be equipped with a 32-bit ESS SABER ES9218 Hi-Fi DAC developed by ESS Technology, which provides clear sound by minimizing distortion and ambient noise by up to 50 %. The new product also supports 75-step volume and channel balance adjustments, as well as lossless audio formats such as FLAC, DSD, AIFF and ALAC.
Another feature of the V20 is that it supports studio-quality audio recording through the use of three microphones with a high acoustic clipping point, providing a wide dynamic range of the recorded audio material. Кроме того, как утверждают в LG, настройкой аудио тракта данной модели занимались специалисты компании B&O PLAY – одного из лидера в производстве высококачественной акустики.
Photo and video capabilities LG V20 are provided by a wide-angle (120⁰) front camera with a resolution of 5 MP and a dual main camera – one of the modules of which has a resolution of 8 MP with wide-angle optics (135⁰), and the other – 16 MP with standard optics ( 75⁰). The main dual camera is equipped with a hybrid autofocus – a combination of laser autofocus and phase detection.
The LG notes that in the V20, the brightness of the second information display, which constantly displays basic information, has increased, compared to the previous model, by 50%.
Other Features LG V20:
- Android 7.0 Nougat with user interface LG UX 5.0+ supporting multi-window application mode on a large 5.7 '' QHD display
- In-app search function support
- Premium materials: cover made of aircraft-grade AL6013 grade aluminum and upper and lower case made of silicone polycarbonate (Si-PC), used in helmets, which reduces the effects of drops and impacts by 20%
- Shock protection meets military MIL-STD 810G standards
The launch of the LG V20 is scheduled for this month, starting in South Korea, and then it will be seen on store shelves and the rest of the planet.
Main technical characteristics LG V20:
- Support for communication standards: 4G / LTE Cat.12 (600 Mbps)
- Dimensions: 159.7×78.1×7.6 mm
- Processor: Quad Core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Platform: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.7-inch, IPS Quantum, 2560 × 1440 pixels
- Main camera: 16 MP with optical image stabilization system + 8 MP; hybrid autofocus system (laser + phase)
- Front camera: 5MP
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM (LPDDR4), 64 GB (UFS) built-in, slot for microSD memory cards (up to 2 TB)
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth v4.2LE, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS
- Battery: 3200 mAh, removable; Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging system
- Other: Fingerprint scanner