On January 28th in Beijing, China, the company Meizu will hold its fourth presentation in four months. This time, according to rumors, they will present another budget smartphone, but if in December they showed the m1 note with a large screen, then in January they will most likely demonstrate the m1 mini – with a compact display with a diagonal of less than 5 inches. In this small post I will collect all the known information about the device. And yet, do not forget to stop by on the evening of January 28, we will have detailed material about the new product and about the presentation itself!
For Meizu four presentations in a row in such a short time is an almost unthinkable event, if we recall the history of the company and the principle of creating and 'finishing' one device per year. Everything changed with a serious investment from Alibaba and now we are already seeing the first results of these investments. The company is moving from one flagship to a small lineup – two devices in the top segment, with the youngest of them, Meizu MX4, relatively affordable, and two in the budget, where both models, and Meizu m1 note and m1 mini are very cheap. What to expect from the new product?
Preliminary specifications Meizu m1 mini look like this:
- Body materials: plastic, glass
- Operating system: Android 4.x, Flyme 4
- Network: GSM / EDGE, UMTS / HSDPA, LTE, dual SIM
- Screen: 4.8 “or 5” diagonal with a resolution of 1280 × 720 or 1920 × 1080 pixels (probably non-standard resolution, as usual for Meizu)
- Processor: Quad-core, 64-bit, on the platform Mediatek MT6732 @ 1.5 GHz
- Graphics: Mali-T760
- RAM: 2 GB
- Flash memory for data storage: 16/32 GB
- Memory card slot: no
- Interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.x LE, microUSB connector for charge / sync, 3.5 mm headset
- Main camera: 13 MP
- Front camera 2 or 5 megapixels
- Navigation: GPS (support A-GPS), Glonass
- Optional: accelerometer, light sensor, proximity sensor, fast charge function
- Battery: 3140mAh
- Dimensions: n / a
- Weight: n / a
As usual, all the characteristics are very approximate, but judging by the previously known (before the announcement) data on the Meizu m1 note model, we should expect confirmation on almost all of the listed points for the m1 mini.
The chip of the smartphone should be the price, it is definitely unknown, of course, but according to rumors, the m1 mini will cost 800 yuan for the younger version with 16 GB of internal memory. In rubles it is about 8,000 now and, it hurts to remember, only 5,000 rubles four months ago. In any case, the price is low, I think you will agree.
There is very little time before the announcement, stay with us!