The South Korean company Samsung Electronics has announced the Galaxy Fold foldable smartphone, equipped with the world's first 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display, thanks to which the smartphone can fold into a compact device.
As noted by the manufacturer, Galaxy Fold opens up a whole new user experience for users and great opportunities for multitasking. When unfolded, the device is already a tablet, and when folded, it is a 'regular' smartphone.
The Galaxy Fold opens smoothly and naturally, like a book. Thanks to the special connector module, it folds easily into a flat, compact device. The module, hidden inside the body of the smartphone, protects the inner display part and the folding mechanism, ensuring smooth operation even under the most intensive use. In this case, the fingerprint scanner is located at the end of the case, exactly where the thumb is usually located when the user holds the device in his hand.
Available in Space Silver, Cosmos Black, Martian Green and Astro Blue, the Samsung logo engraved on the hinge complements the sleek design of the device.
The custom interface designed specifically for the Galaxy Fold opens up new possibilities to fully exploit the full potential of your smartphone:
- Support for multiple windows: The smartphone allows you to keep open up to three active applications at the same time, no matter if it is necessary for work, for games or when publishing content.
- Integrated support for two screens: The interface provides the ability to conveniently switch from an outdoor screen to an indoor screen and vice versa.
In addition, Samsung has equipped the Galaxy Fold with a powerful next-generation AP chipset and 12GB of RAM with PC-class performance. The smartphone has a specially designed complex power system with two batteries. Galaxy Fold is also capable of recharging and simultaneously recharging other mobile devices thanks to wireless reverse charging technology.
In addition, this smartphone can be connected to the Samsung DeX docking station, turning into a desktop workstation.
Galaxy Fold will be available for pre-order in Russia on the Samsung website in the second quarter of 2019.
Samsung Galaxy Fold specifications:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: eight-core, 7-nm process technology, 64-bit
- Main display: 7.3-inch, Dynamic AMOLED (4.2: 3), QXGA + resolution
- Front display: 4.6-inch, Super AMOLED (21: 9), HD + resolution
- Triple main camera: 16 MP, wide-angle, f / 2.2; 12 MP, Dual Pixel autofocus, optical image stabilization system, f / 1.5-f / 2.4; 12 MP, telephoto, phase detection autofocus, optical image stabilization system, f / 2.2, 2x optical zoom
- Dual front camera (on the cover when the phone is folded): 10 MP, f / 2.2; 8 MP, f / 1.9
- Memory: 12GB RAM (LPDDR4x), 512GB (UFS3.0)
- Battery: 4380mAh, QC2.0 fast charging system, support for wireless charging