South Korean company Samsung Electronics has officially announced the replenishment of its line of tablets GALAXY Tab S2 with two new models with QXGA (2048 × 1536) Super AMOLED displays with a diagonal of 9.7 “and 8”, which will be available in versions only with Wi-Fi support or with Wi-Fi and 4G LTE, as well as in versions with 32 GB or 64 GB of internal memory expandable using microSD memory cards (up to 128 GB). The new items will go on sale in global markets starting in August 2015.
The presented novelties are distinguished by the presence of a thin case with a metal frame, high-performance filling, a built-in fingerprint scanner, advanced functionality for secure data access and multitasking, allowing you to work with two applications simultaneously on one screen. In addition, a number of applications will be preinstalled on the GALAXY Tab S2 tablets, including a program for working with office documents Microsoft Office Solutions and an antivirus program.
Other technical characteristics of Samsung GALAXY Tab S2:
- Support for communication standards: 4G LTE 700/800/850/900/1800/1900/2100/2600 MHz; 3G 850/900/1900/2100 MHz; GSM GPRS / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Dimensions: 169 x 237.3 x 5.6 mm (9.7 inches); 134.8 x 198.6 x 5.6 mm (8 inches)
- Weight: 389g (Wi-Fi) / 392g (LTE) (9.7-inch) 265g (Wi-Fi) / 272g (LTE) (8-inch)
- Processor: eight-core (4×1.9 GHz + 4×1.3 GHz)
- Platform: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Display: 9.7-inch / 8-inch Super AMOLED 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Camera: 8 MP with autofocus, support for QHD (2560 × 1440 @ 30fps) video recording
- Front camera: 2.1 MP
- Memory: 3 GB of RAM, 32/64 GB of built-in, slot for microSD memory cards (up to 128 GB)
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac MIMO (2.4 / 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.1 BLE, GPS / GLONASS
- Battery: 5870mAh (9.7-inch) 4000 mAh (8-inch)
- Other: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, E-compass, Light sensor, Hall sensor, Fingerprint scanner