South Korean company Samsung Electronics today unveiled its new Galaxy Note 7 phablet with enhanced S Pen stylus capabilities and security features at SamsungUnpacked 2016.
This novelty has a waterproof case and a stylus (IP68), allowing its owner to work with the device even when the screen is wet. Among the advanced built-in security functionality, the Galaxy Note 7 has, in addition to a fingerprint scanner, an iris scanner, which can be used to authenticate a user and in conjunction with the Samsung Pay service.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will be available from August 19 in Blue, Gold, Silver, Titanium and Black.
Other specifications Samsung Galaxy Note 7:
- Communication standards support: 4G / LTE Cat.12 / LTE Cat.10 / LTE Cat.9
- Dimensions: 153.5×73.9×7.9 mm
- Weight: 169g
- Processor: eight-core (4×2.3 GHz + 4×1.6)
- Platform: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.7-inch, Dual edge Super AMOLED (with curved sides), a resolution of 2560 × 1440 pixels
- Main camera: 12 MP with optical image stabilization system
- Front camera: 5 MP
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM (LPDDR4), 64 GB of internal (UFS 2.0), slot for microSD memory cards (up to 256 GB)
- Communications: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 / 5 GHz) MIMO (2 × 2) 620Mbps, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT +, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou
- Battery: 3500 mAh, fast charging system, support for wireless charging
- Other: Barometer, Fingerprint scanner, Iris scanner, Gyroscope, Hall sensor, E-compass, Heart rate monitor, Proximity and light sensors