The Japanese company Sony has announced a new model of its flagship smartphone – Xperia 5, which combines the key technologies of Xperia 1 in an ergonomic, stylish and compact body.
The Xperia 5 features a 21: 9 CinemaWide display with a metal bezel that is protected on both sides by Corning Gorilla Glass 6 panels, and IP65 / IP68 compliance ensures the smartphone is resistant to moisture and dust.
The Xperia 5 features BIONZ X for mobile and an advanced 12MP triple lens camera and Optical SteadyShot.
The Xperia 5 features an enhanced version of Eye AF, developed by Sony Alpha engineers. The Xperia 5 camera offers up to 10 frames per second burst photography with automatic focus and exposure tracking. And the increased speed of the image processing algorithm up to 30 frames per second allows you to shoot objects in motion with maximum accuracy.
In addition, the Xperia 5's f / 1.6 aperture, large 1.4μm pixel size and Dual Photo Diode sensor, combined with RAW noise reduction technology, allows the Xperia 5 to capture high-quality images even in low light.
With the support of engineers from Sony's Professional Digital Cinema division, the Cinema Pro app, powered by CineAlta technologies, has been enhanced to enable complex projects, as well as advanced white balance, manual focus and soundtrack settings. The mounting process itself has become even easier – now the application provides the ability to split videos into parts and combine different passages.
The new Xperia 5 feature, 'Photography advice', is designed to help ensure the perfect shots and help prevent problems that often arise during shooting: fingers getting caught in the camera lens or closed eyes in the frame.
Other features of the Xperia 5:
- 6.1-inch OLED CinemaWide display Full HD + resolution and 21: 9 aspect ratio
- Dolby Atmos sound; Hi-Res Audi o; DSEE HX and stereo speakers
- HDR image playback capability
- Supports ITU-R BT.2020 Extended Color Space, DCI-P3 and Illuminant D65
- Updated Game Enhancer technology that allows you to record video of gameplay, activate burst shooting at 20 frames per second and change your voice with the Voice changer function
- Latest Flagship Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- 3140mAh battery with Smart Stamina power management and USB PD fast charging
The Sony Xperia 5 smartphone, running the operating system Android 9 Pie, will go on sale in October 2019.